I'm new on the forum and first to be said - not good with iTech yet, but I am a fan.
Some time ago I bought an iPad 2, I was really happy with the product and I decided to get a iPhone, so I bought a second-hand iPhone 3G from some Spanish guy. I thought I was lucky, but then the problem started to get obvious - the phone is really slow and I really want to fix this problem.
Here's what I can tell you about the phone:
- It has been jailbroken, I have Cydia and Installous if those can help in anyway - tell me. Although I do prefer it to be not-jailbroken, kind of ruins it for be, because of the slow-down and all, and I've heard that a iPhone could get slower because of a jailbrake - is that true?
- It's an 8GB phone, 3,5 of which are free - can't be bacause of space. I have some games on the phone, heaviest of which is probably Guitar Hero, because I have a lot of music packs, but still it can't be it, because I really rarely play.
- It's running iOS 4.2.1
The problem: It's not just slow, it's really slow. Opening folders takes 3 times longer than on my iPad, unlocking takes time, everything loads really slowly. One app I use a lot during the day is WhatsApp and it's so slow that if I want to mark or copy a text the phone is non-responsive for a while. While I'm receiving a message it's the same thing - the phone is totally non-responsive and I can't even write or close the App for 5-6 seconds, sometimes even more. And I won't even talk about when I'm trying to start-up any app, takes minutes sometimes. And also, from a while now - one of the speakers has been not-functioning, but I doubt it's related to the main issue - I don't mind that, I'm just really annoyed by the slow-down.
What I have tried:
- Contacting apple for Support - they can't help me in any logical way, they just send me links to threads on their forums I've read thousands of times and nothing helpful is found.
- I've disabled everything in spotlight search - didn't help at all.
- I've done a couple of hard resets - didn't help in any way. While reading the thread I understood that after the second hard reset the phone is supposed to stay off? That doesn't happen with mine.
- I've also cleared-up extra space on my phone, before it had 1,5 GB free, now it has 3,5 - no difference what so ever.
I don't have any ideas anymore. I don't know where else to go for help, so if someone can - please help me, because it's only getting worse and I'm afraid of it getting unbearable, because I can't afford a new phone and I don't have any other phone anyway. I really need to fix this.
I'd try anything if it would help - downgrading the iOS, whatever! I just hope it works and I can use my phone and I'll need some instructions, because I'm not good with configuring the iPhone through iTunes and no-other program recognises it anymore (in fact even iTunes has problems recognising it from time to time...).
Thank you very much for your time and please help me.
Have a great day.
0 · ·